For enthusiasts and researchers of the Great Eastern Railway

‘No. 202 Class’ 0-6-0ST 1867

202

When Johnson took over from Sinclair, there was a need for two shunting engines, and two 0-6-0 saddle tanks of different designs were purchased ‘off the shelf’ from Hudswell, Clarke & Co. of Leeds. The second of the two engines was larger than No. 201, and had outside cylinders. It was delivered in November 1867 and initially worked at Peterborough. It later went to the Whitechapel Coal Depot, from where it was withdrawn in June 1886.

This site uses cookies to maintain logged-in status and other essential functions.