For enthusiasts,researchers and modellers of the Great Eastern Railway

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Axle Boxes 3 months 1 week ago #750

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find a source of GER wagon axle boxes/ springs?

A search on this site doesn't yield any results. I will check HMRS but the ones I have seen so far are not the best quality.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Axle Boxes 3 months 1 week ago #751

Which scale are you looking for? If you are modelling in 4mm scale you might be able to obtain some from Dan Pinnock of D&S models.  It is a bit hit and miss but he is very helpful if he does have stock in hand.

Axle Boxes 3 months 6 days ago #753

GER axleboxes in 4mm scale also used to be available from the EMGS.  In the past, I have purchased several packets from that source.

Unfortunately they are currently showing as Out Of Stock, but if you are a member, an email to the Stores Officer could provide answer on whether they are coming back into stock.

Cheers
Paul

Axle Boxes 3 months 17 hours ago #762

Apologies, I should have been clearer. I model in 7mm O gauge and am specifically looking for a drawing or even a dimensioned sketch. 

Thank you.

Axle Boxes 2 months 4 weeks ago #764

Hi Anthony,
Please can you be more specific? Is it for a locomotive, or other vehicle? The Dupen collection of drawings may have something available, although whether it is available quickly in digital format is a different question. Have you looked in the Dupen list already?
Bill

Axle Boxes 2 months 4 weeks ago #765

Oops, sorry, I see it is for a wagon. Have you looked here:
view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?sr...&wdOrigin=BROWSELINK
Bill

Axle Boxes 2 months 4 weeks ago #766

Thank you. I see that list does have a line about a type 'E' axle box, so sounds more promising. 

On a different note I'm trying to find the source of a ger drawing of peterborough shed (peterborough east in lner days) its referenced in ger engine sheds vol 1 but not noted as to where, only that it exists. 

Axle Boxes 2 months 4 weeks ago #767

Hi Anthony.
Help me out a bit! What exactly does it say, or what page and whereabouts on the page?
Bill

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds